Sunday 14 October 2012

#204 Sleep disturbance & Mindfulness

     Many of us have difficulty falling asleep, and / or we wake up way too early - at 2, 3 or 4 am. Do thoughts relate to the inability to fall or remain asleep?
     Am I my thoughts (cognitive fusion)? OR Can I look at my thoughts objectively, dispassionately as just thoughts ie words passing through (cognitive defusion)?
     Can I rest in the present moment, accepting the feel of my body resting on the bed, the feel of the bedding on my skin, the sounds of the night, the gratitude that I'm able to lie in bed? Can I let go of any expectations of sleep, of any emotions around being awake, of stories about how I'll feel during the coming day, can I just be present with the reality of what I feel and hear without making anything more out of it?

Photo: couscousdelight   www.dpreview.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment