Thursday 29 March 2012

#89 And how has that been working for you?


     “There is a certain criterion by which you can judge whether the thoughts you are thinking and the things you are doing are right for you. The criterion is: Have they brought you inner peace? If they have not, there is something wrong with them.”
     Peace Pilgrim: “Peace Pilgrim: Her Life and Work in Her Own Words”

     “A quiet mind cureth all.”     
Robert Burton, “The Anatomy of Melancholy.”

     “When faced with choices in my life, I use as my rule the criterion of the quiet mind. This means that when there are two or more courses of action possible for me, I take the one that will lead me to have a quieter mind, the one that will result in the fewest number of afterthoughts.”


     Alter RM, Alter J. “How Long Till My Soul Gets It Right?: 100 Doorways on the Journey to Happiness.” Regan Books, 2001. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment